22 Sep Communications Manager
This is a role in which you will be asked to receive and send communications over a range of media platforms in order to respond to demand and to help shape our access to our stroke community.
You will often be the first person to respond to enquiry. Specifically:
- Support Torbay Stroke Support in being a responsive and proactive organisation
- Manage our phone line, calls, e mails, video calls.
- Manage, monitor, post and respond on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Signpost enquiries by knowing and using Torbay Stroke Support’s access criteria placing those enquiries appropriately.
- Communicate with trustees and other volunteers, attending occasional meetings.
Your Skills and Experience
- You are an excellent listener
- You have excellent oral and literacy skills
- You have great social media knowledge and skills
- You are able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- You are enthusiastic and self-motivated
- You are committed to the support of those who have had stroke, are carers or are at risk of stroke
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to engage with your local community.
- An opportunity to see the impact your communication makes and take credit for it.
- The support of the Trustee board
- Belonging to a small supportive team.
- Attendance at our groups as you wish so you can meet those you are helping.
- Support in your role with training provided as required.
- Home working.
- Out of pocket expenses
You will work:
- From home
- Occasionally at a group meeting if appropriate.
Your next steps:
- If this role interests you please apply by email
- Tell us why you want the role and what you can do for us